Our mission is to preserve and enhance the scenic beauty of America.
We are the only national nonprofit that helps citizens safeguard America’s scenic qualities. We are a 501(c)(3) that advocates for a Scenic America for all people and communities.
We believe beauty is good for business and everyone deserves to live, work, and play in beautiful places.
And we’ve scored big wins, including:
- Leading the way in Congress to pass the Reviving America’s Scenic Byways Act of 2019, and securing a total of $42 million in funding for byways in the FY 21, 22, and 23 appropriations acts.
- Scoring a win in the U.S. Supreme Court in 2022 as the court affirmed the constitutionality of digital billboard bans.
- Fighting billboard company-backed amendments that would have gutted the Highway Beautification Act in 2020, 2021, and 2022– and winning.
- Successfully advocating for federal support for utility undergrounding in the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act of 2021, including an amendment to the Stafford Act to allow FEMA funds to be used for undergrounding and a new $5 billion resiliency grant program.
- Landing more flexible funding to support signage, highway beautification, native plantings, and other provisions in the $300 million Federal Lands Access Program.
- Joining with like-minded allies to urge the passage of the Great American Outdoors Act in 2020.
Our Work Makes a Difference
Scenic America supports citizens who believe in the importance of preserving and protecting our nation’s scenic beauty. We provide research, advocacy, and communications support, and guidance to communities and individuals faced with scenic conservation challenges, from development issues to sign ordinance questions.
Our Work Earns Awards
Scenic America has earned acclaim for its advocacy and communications work, including:
- 2020 Power of A Gold Award for Advocacy from the American Society of Association Executives for reviving the National Scenic Byways Program
- 2021 Power of A Gold Award for Advocacy from the American Society of Association Executives for securing funding for scenic byways for the first time in nearly a decade
- 2022 Gold Circle Award for Media & Public Relations from the American Society of Association Executives for our campaign announcing the newest national scenic byways and All-American Roads designations
- 2022 Power of A Silver Award for Advocacy from the American Society of Association Executives for securing scenic provisions in the 2021 Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
Help Us Create a More Scenic America
We can't carry out our mission without support from people like you who care about our nation's scenic beauty.Give Now