Scenic America is the only national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated solely to preserving and enhancing the visual character and scenic beauty of America. We advocate for a Scenic America for all people and communities. We accomplish this mission through national advocacy efforts, research, communications, technical assistance services, and the support of our chapters and affiliates.
- Our Mission
- Board of Directors
- Staff Members
- Annual Report
- Our History
- Our Issues
- Press Information
- Career and Internship Opportunities
- Donate to Scenic America
- Follow Us on Social Media
- Awards We’ve Won
- Download our Brochure
- Our Newsletters
Throughout the country, our most cherished scenic resources and hometown assets are being obscured by a blizzard of monstrous billboards, badly sited telecommunications towers, a tangle of overhead lines, and a hodgepodge of visual clutter. Open space is being lost. Our natural and cultural heritage is being buried under unconstrained development and poorly designed transportation systems. America’s beauty and community character are being obliterated by a steel curtain of visual spam.
But at Scenic America, we believe we have a choice about how we want to live.
Change is inevitable. Ugliness is not.
- Reduce billboard blight in America
- Promote good community planning and design guidelines
- Keep America’s highways and byways scenic
- Promote scenic easements for open space and scenic resource conservation
- Ensure mitigation of the visual impact of telecommunication towers
- Promote context-sensitive highway solutions
- Promote tree conservation
- Promote undergrounding of overhead utility wires