Scenic Walton was formed in 2008 by a dedicated group of business owners and residents. Scenic Walton is a 501c(3) non-profit that works with the community and elected officials to preserve the natural beauty of Walton County, while also increasing pedestrian and cyclist safety.
We are currently working on securing funding for multi-use path installation and median landscaping projects, as well as advocating for the undergrounding of overhead utilities, the minimization of Small Cell/5G towers and improvements to development codes for primary transportation corridors.
Leigh Moore proudly serves as Executive Director for Scenic Walton. She also serves on the Scenic America Board of Directors as Vice Chair, the Citizens for a Scenic Florida Board of Directors and Executive Committee, the Walton County Design Review Board, the Walton Area Chamber Government Affairs Committee, and is the Chair of the Visit South Walton Destination Improvement Committee.
Susan Vallee is glad to serve as the Administrative Coordinator for Scenic Walton. She’s the author of the popular guidebook, “Meet Me on 30A,” and was the publisher of 30A Kids Club Magazine. She oversaw all levels of production for two journalism products for the towns of Rosemary Beach and Seaside, provides content marketing for businesses, freelances, and writes fiction.
Our Dedicated Board Members
We appreciate our hardworking and dedicated board members. Our board knows the impact good design and proper landscaping has on property values, safety, and personal happiness.
- President Roger Hall, Business Development for Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital Emerald Coast
- Vice President John Stevenson, Financial Advisor for Edward Jones Investments
- Treasurer Debra Henry, Owner of Debra S. Henry LLC CPA
- Secretary Lori Leath Smith, Publisher of Destin Life
- Christy Burke, Promotional Advertising Consultant for Brown & Bigelow/JSA Promos
- Lauren Catanese, Realtor with A List Realty
- Mary Pat Cedarleaf, Realtor Keller Williams Realty
- Jennifer Cooper, First National Bank
- Amanda Green, Freeport City Council Member and Office Manager/Bookkeeper for her family-owned business, Green Air Controls
- Steven Hall, Partner, Hall & Runnels
- Megan Harrison, President/CEO Walton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Genevieve Howland, Owner of The Mama Natural
- Fletcher Isacks, Owner of Isacks Imagery
- Patricia Jenkins, VP of Training and Quality for Alys Beach
- Tom Kramer, Rosemary Beach Property Owners’ Association
- Dick Larkin, Core Faculty Member for Walden University
- Jennifer Lovell, Executive Director, Hilton Sandestin Golf Resort & Spa
- Jason Scarbrough, Project Manager for The St. Joe Company
- Jay Tusa, Executive Director of the Walton County TDC
- Anthony Vallee, Principal of McWhorter Vallee Design, LLC
- Andrea Ward, Planner for the Walton County Planning Department
- Bradford Davis, BRDLA, Inc. Advisor to the board
Call: (850) 588-1877
755 Grand Boulevard
Suite B105, #202
Miramar Beach, FL 32550