Sample ordinances and guidelines
The documents in this sampling of design guidances—sign ordinances, urban forestry plans, greenways systems so on—have been shared by some of our most admired municipalities and organizations or gleaned from the Internet. The list is certainly not exhaustive, nor are are meant to be informational, not exhaustive various other advisories for planning professionals and scenic advocates. If your community or organization has produced a great please share the PDF with us and we’ll post it here, along with a brief description.
- Wake County (NC) Greenway System Plan 2017
- Sign Code Fix-It Clinic: Regulating Signs in a Post-Reed World by Brian J. Connolly, Otten Johnson Real Estate and Land Use Law. PowerPoint presentation, Planning Michigan Conference, October 2016
- Chattanooga’s Urban Forestry Master Plan 2014
- Collierville (TN) Sign Design Guidelines, October 2010
- Wind and the Landscape, Powerpoint by Scenic America’s Kevin Fry, 2010
- Collierville (TN) Historic District Design Guidelines 2002